November is easy to plan for as an author. At least if you are planning for NaNo.
I read a recent post planning for the whole of 2017. I’m not sure I’m ready to plan out for all next year. Not that I haven’t done that. Just when I do that I tend to over plan, and then panic, and then stall. So…let’s not do that.
My December plan!
I have a couple goals for this month.
Finish up a project I’ve been working on for another author with a pen name. I’m like 85% of the way there. I’m looking forward to being done.
I’m hoping to do a few things:
- do a little push for ratings and reviews on iTunes (this makes a huge difference in helping the podcast be discovered by new listeners)
- try to reach out to some other podcasts to possibly appear as a guest
- make some playlists to promote the episodes on YouTube
I have a couple different things I want to work on here. I have been slacking on writing my own flash fiction, so I want to write at least two flash pieces.
Take a brain break. (This might be next weekend!)
Redouble my efforts on editing Jenna’s first book. I’m not going to try to push to get the whole book done, I just want to get through a couple more chapters. Which should be entirely doable.
- Finish the current project
- Finish a novella I have half way done
- Check in with the anthology project (there may be another novella for me to do there)
So that’s my December plan. Brain recharge is important. I want to spend at least 1 day not working, not my full time day job, and not my podcast and not authoring. …It’s been a long long time since I’ve done that. But a 100% day off day.
Hopefully I’ll also be able to get out and enjoy the snow.
What’s your December plan?