Now! Dammit! Or else! Plan your novel. (This is dear me, love me, you can do whatever you want.)
I need to do some more planning as the end of the month looms large.
Easy: Jenna’s first novel, a full rewrite. (That part is hard, knowing was it is is the easy part, also reading that sentence, hard.)
- Make a Pinterest board (or rather add to the one I already have)
- Pull out and enhance physical descriptions of the people I already have from both books 1 and 2
- Write up description of the mashup/remade character
- Consider the scenes that need to be added – figure out what the goal will be and about what they need to be and then let them noodle around in my brain
- Set up time to write – create a real plan (either first thing in the morning, later in the day, weekends, etc)
- Plan more backstory weaving in
Jenna’s novel is the first in an urban fantasy trilogy. A young woman who is struggling to regain her life after a long absence from the world is finally feeling settled. Now she’s finally gotten a job offer, she’s meeting new people. And she’s got a shiny little necklace.
The second book is written and I’m feeling pretty good about it, but the first needs to come in line with it. I know basically where the third will go for the big arc on it.
Now I just need better titles. Oof titles.