The first week of NaNoWriMo is nearly over. It’s time to check in on goals and update where I am.
Pre-November – a little late update
- My outline was ok, I’m continually working and reworking it as I go. I slipped in another subplot I hadn’t written down but had foreshadowed several times so apparently it was on my mind.
- My on-the-go writing plan has been fairly successful. I’m using Scrivener this year, which does not have an on-the-go component. It seems to assume that everyone only ever writes while sitting at their computers. I like to have it on my phone or tablet to be able to write elsewhere. I copy the current scene and my scene synopsis into a google doc and am able to access it on the go. When I get home I paste it into scrivener and work from there. It’s not perfect but it’s ok.
- I worked through my confusion and cleaned up my physical and digital spaces. I’ve been working with full screens more often and it helps a bit.
November – current update
- Vote – done!
- Critique – done! (well this week)
- I’ve got four Writing Days scheduled and I have a little bit of extra time scratched out here and there as well that should help.
- I’ve been very good about making sure I know where I’m going next before I stop. I’ve spent a good chunk of time reworking my outline based on problems I’m having or parts I’ve added that seem to work.
- Write every day – good so far.
- 11K steps/day, eh. Mostly but not perfectly. I had a couple of 9ishK days this week. I have to get out for a long walk today, but it should be nice.
- Bonus: I put a hold on Winter
- Am currently at 21,689
- Until yesterday I had been writing about 4K/day
- I took a light day yesterday and just wrote what would be required to finish on time.
- I’ve got 18 scenes done (I’m actually going back and writing two scenes I decided I did need and couldn’t just gloss over)
- Today is the official NaNoWriMo double up day. I am not going to double the amount I’ve written. I’m not going to double my average. I’m not going to double the number of write ins I do.
- It is now time to go write words and make that number grow.